Flavorful and moist zucchini bread and muffins topped with a beautiful chocolate glaze.
Made with whole wheat flour, this bread is healthy and sweet.
I know you all saw this coming, right? Summer….garden…zucchini…. it’s a given right?
There’s no surprise that zucchini recipes are going to be rolling in. But I at least left a surprise for the top.
I take that back too. You all know me by now. I pretty much add chocolate to everything that exists. Why? Because I like that’s why. It makes life fun. Sweet. More doable.
I almost can’t believe that this is my first zucchini bread and muffins of the season. I’ve been waiting forever it seems for zucchini and now I just have so much to make. Did you see my jalapeno stuffed zucchini boats? Yum! My list goes on for quite some time. So I won’t bore you to tears.
Last year I put this zucchini bread recipe on the blog but wanted something a little less chocolate but definitely not lose it all together. So here’s what I came up with and it’s downright delish!
Of course, you can leave off the chocolate if you must. So you can enjoy this regardless. This is a wonderful flavorful bread without or without the chocolate.
Thanks for dropping by!
Til we meet and eat again,
- 1½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup canola oil (or peanut)
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup buttermilk (or regular milk with a splash of vinegar)
- 1 cup organic sugar (or brown sugar, firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups finely grated zucchini
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 - 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x4 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Line a 6-cup muffin tin with papers OR oil a mini loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; beat in yogurt, buttermilk, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Combine well. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Carefully blend flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Scoop batter into 6 muffin cups (or mini loaf pan) and pour the rest into the 9x4 loaf pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Cool loaf completely before cutting.
- For glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter in a small heavy saucepan; stir in cream. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt. Drizzle over warm bread and muffins.
Zucchini bread recipe from: Simple Bites
I use this pan for baking bread and I always love the results!
Shared on: Shared with Whimsy Wednesday, Buns in My Oven, Time to Sparkle, Thrifty Thursdays, Saturday Night Fever, Show Stopper Saturday,Wake Up Wednesdays,Six Sisters Stuff, Link Party Palooza, Creative Ways, Tidy Mom, Best of the Weekend Party, Titus Tuesdays, Show and Share Wednesdays, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Weekend Potluck, Weekend Retreat Party, Pin Junkie Party