Easy and delicious homemade pull apart garlic bread. Made from scratch dough with delicious herbs. Perfect addition to every meal.
Say these words after me….
That’s all I needed. You can be done here. You can scroll as fast as your little finger will take you to the recipe and start baking. That’s how good this bread is. Well, you will need a few things. Some bread flour, a few other ingredients, a thing called TIME. Not thyme.
You know that thing that we have lots of everyday but wonder where it went? That thing. This bread takes about 30 minutes of your time to prepare. Less if you’re an advanced baker. Then the rest of the time is just waiting. That’s other thing that we tend to not always be good at. A little waiting for rising and a little waiting for baking is all it takes.
Bam! Before you know you’ll be pulling off pieces of this delicious bread and telling everyone around matter of factly that “They must try this bread NOW!” before you eat it all.
Not like I know from experience. It’s just what might happen after that first bite.
I haven’t baked bread in awhile. And I was really missing it. The summer is going great but with the kids being home bread making has become a “Wish I had time for event.’
So today “I took the bull by the horns.” I’m ‘Getting r done.” “Nailed it!”
And so on.
The proof is in the pudding. Wait I mean the pictures. *smile*
Have a marvelous day friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup (8 oz) warm water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 oz) milk (I used 1%)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 cups (1 lb 9 oz - 2 lbs 3 oz) bread flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 4 teaspoons dried)
- 2 Tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 4 cloves garlic, mined
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Add warm water to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Sprinkle water with sugar and yeast. Let stand 5-10 minutes until foamy. Mix in butter, milk, salt and 3 cups flour. Stir in additional flour gradually. Add enough flour until dough is smooth. Knead for 7-10 minutes. Dough should stick to the bottom of the bowl but clears sides. Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and minced garlic. Cut dough into 1-in. pieces; dip into butter mixture. Layer into 2 – greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees 15 minutes prior.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Temperature should read 200 degrees. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Shared with Whimsy Wednesday, Buns in My Oven, Time to Sparkle, Thrifty Thursdays, Saturday Night Fever, Show Stopper Saturday,Wake Up Wednesdays,Six Sisters Stuff, Link Party Palooza, Creative Ways, Tidy Mom, Best of the Weekend Party, Titus Tuesdays, Show and Share Wednesdays, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Weekend Potluck, Weekend Retreat Party, Pin Junkie Party