Zucchini is so versatile. I love the fact that you can you use it for dinner and dessert.
Dessert. That’s my favorite meal. You say that isn’t a meal? I just declared it a meal. And Melanie hardly ever misses a meal.
Sometimes I actually dream about chocolate zucchini bread in December. I then continue to have recurring dreams of it’s chocolatey goodness all the way up til it’s actually growing in my garden.
I’m so glad I don’t have to dream about it any more. I can actually taste it. The wait was worth it!
I found this recipe here and gave it a try. It’s delicious.
I’ll have you know that the groundhogs are trying to share my zucchini with me. That does not make me a happy gardener. I just want them gone! They also got my watermelon. Grrr….
The fence, which isn’t the best, just isn’t doing the trick. So if you have great tips for keeping them away please leave them in the comments. I’d appreciate it!
Recipe source: King Arthur Flour
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
By July 15, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 loaf
Zucchini is so versatile. I love the fact that you can you use it for dinner and dessert. Dessert. That's my favorite meal. You …
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa or Dutch process cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini gently squeezed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake the bread for 55 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing.
- Course: Dessert