A creamy delightful blend of corn baked up with fresh Parmesan. This side dish is a joy to serve with any meal.
A dear friend passed this recipe on to me several years ago. It’s one of those tried and true ones that I love yet somehow seem to forget about. Then one day I’ll have this epiphany. Baked corn? Yes, please.
I dig out my tried and true binder. My oldest drew the cover for me many years ago. I truly wish I would have dated the back of it. I’ll treasure this picture always with the steaming blueberry pie. It’s just precious. OK. Who wants blueberry pie now? Get corn back on the brain. This post is about corn.
So this delicious little recipe just happens to be one of Mom’s (my) favorite recipes indeed. Last time I made I didn’t have to hunt hard. There it was front and center of the binder. Why oh why, do I forget about most delicious corn? I’m so sorry!
I would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu. I’m thinking of making it to take to my Mom’s. They will be so hooked they’ll never want regular corn again. I can already hear my dad raving over how good it is. He’s the type of man that if something is good you just may hear about it for the rest of the day. Doesn’t bother me though. Who doesn’t like to talk about food?
We’ll don’t forget to give this corn a try. I know you won’t regret it. Well except for the calories…. *Burp* I need to get my workout clothes on.
Love and blessings!
*May also be prepared and refrigerated for up to 4 days before baking.
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 - 10 oz each bags of frozen corn (defrosted)
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Place in a straight sided 2 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over melted butter.
- Bring half and half to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and add the corn. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and salt.
- Make a paste out of 2 tablespoons melted butter and flour. Stir into corn mixture and cook until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese (remember to reserve a little for the topping).
- Pour corn into dish; sprinkle with reserved Parmesan cheese.
- Baked uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.