Delicious gooey sandwiches stuffed with bacon, ham and cheese. Topped with a warm brown sugar mustard sauce. Finest sandwich around.
This amazing sandwich is my celebratory sandwich. Yup that’s right. I’m kicking off a giveaway today for my first anniversary. And I’ve been celebrating all week long with some of my favorite things. First I kicked it off with this delicious Outback copycat bread on Monday. Can you say yum? celebrating.
Mid week I celebrated with chocolate. Every celebration needs chocolate in my opinion. I shared these delicious little beasts. They’re rich, gooey and addicting.
Geez, I’m licking my lips over this one. To finish celebrating I’m sharing an amazing grilled sandwich with some of life’s best sandwich stuffin’s.
Stuffin’s…it’s my word. Stuff…in….nuff said.
It’s for the bacon lovers….
It’s for the cheese lovers….
And it’s for the meat lovers…
And it’s for the sweet lovers…
And it’s divine my friends.
One bite and my kids were begging for more.
After just one bite my 12 year turned to look at me with wide eyes and said, “Mom, you have to put these on your blog!”
And so I did. I can’t keep them a secret any longer.
I made it with this bread recipe here but you can use whatever suits your tastes.
Til we meet and eat again,
- 4 slices whole grain sandwich or sourdough bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 oz thin sliced ham
- 4 oz Gouda cheese, sliced
- 6 bacon slices, cooked
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Spread the outsides of the bread with a ½ tablespoon of softened butter. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add ham slices to the bottom slice of bread, top with Gouda cheese and bacon. Spread approx 1 Tablespoon brown sugar mustard sauce over bacon and another bread slice. Cook the sandwich until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden and toasty. Serve immediately!
Shared with Whimsy Wednesday, Buns in My Oven, Time to Sparkle, Thrifty Thursdays, Saturday Night Fever, Show Stopper Saturday,Wake Up Wednesdays,Six Sisters Stuff, Link Party Palooza, Creative Ways, Tidy Mom, Best of the Weekend Party, Titus Tuesdays